|Content Description||First Party: Personal Representatives of Henry P.A.D. Pelham-Clinton, 7th Duke of Newcastle under Lyne [deceased].|
Second Party: London and Fort George Land Company Limited.
Third Party: Henry Uttley, of Worksop.
Conveyance from (1) and (2) to (3) of a piece of land containing a cottage and outbuildings; measuring 495 square yards; bounded by Newgate Street towards the north, and by Netherton Road towards the east [property edged red on attached plan].
Subject to a mining lease with the Wigan Coal and Iron Company Limited dated 30 Oct. 1896, and varied by indenture dated 10 Dec. 1906.
Also subject to the right of the Worksop and Retford Brewery Company Limited to access of light and air presently enjoyed by means of a window indicated on the plan.
Reservations to (1) and (2), namely all mines and minerals lying below a depth of 300 feet; the reversion expectant on the mining lease; free passage of water and soil; and the right to erect buildings on adjoining property belonging to (1) and (2).
Covenants by (3): To erect certain boundary walls; to use the property in question for the erection of 1 shop and dwellinghouse with an annual value of no less than £30; not to use the property in question for the sale of intoxicating liquors; not to erect any building on the property without prior consent from (2); to demolish the buildings currently standing on the property in question.
Indemnifies (3) from a corn rent charge of 2 pence and 3 farthings payable to the Vicar of Worksop.
Recitals: (a) fact that the 7th Duke was seised of the property in question at the time of his death; (b) fact that the 7th Duke had agreed to sell certain estates to (2) by indenture dated 5 Apr. 1927 but no conveyance was executed; (c) fact that the 7th Duke died 30 May 1928 having appointed (1) as executors of his will; (d) fact that (1) and (2) have agreed to sell the property in question to (3).
Includes plan with the property in question edged red; buildings are hatched in black; also shows Newgate Street and Netherton Road.