|Content Description||First Party: Henry P.A.D. [Pelham-Clinton, 7th] Duke of Newcastle [under Lyne].|
Second Party: John Frederic Ellis and Thomas Godley, timber merchants of the firm Godley and Goulding, of Worksop, Nottinghamshire.
Conveyance from (1) to (2) of firstly a piece of land situated in the parish of Worksop, measuring 2 acres and 30 perches; bounded on the northern side by the Great Central Railway lines; property is currently in the occupation of (2) and used as a wood yard;
Secondly 117 square yards of land also bounded on the northern side by the Great Central Railway lines, and currently in the occupation of (2).
Thirdly 474 square yards of garden ground adjoining the first described piece of land; currently in the occupation of John Allen.
Fourthly 327 square yards of land adjoining the first described piece of land; currently in the occupation of (2).
Reserves all mines and minerals to (1); (1) indemnifies (2) from an annual rent charge of £600 [see recitals below].
Recital: fact that (1) is seised of the property in question, which is subject to an annual rent charge of £600 payable to Lord Edward William Pelham-Clinton, and has agreed to sell the property to (2).
Ne 6 D 2/48/173/2: Agreement for the sale, dated 15 Aug. 1905; includes a plan with all 4 pieces of land shaded pink; note that second piece is detached from the rest of the property; shows Kilton Road to the south and the Great Central Railway lines to the north; also shows the Kilton Inn; names of adjoining landowners provided.