|Content Description||First Party: The Honourable Robert Arthur Talbot [Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd] Marquis of Salisbury; Sir Thomas Percival Heywood [2nd Baronet] of Dove Leys in the parish of Denstone, Staffordshire; Sir Offley Wakeman [3rd Baronet] of Barrington Lodge, Shropshire; and Henry Martin Gibbs of Barrow Court, Bristol.|
Second Party: Rev. Edward Clarke Lowe, Canon of Ely and Provost of the Society of St Mary and St Nicholas; Henry Meynell of Denstone, Staffordshire, Provost of the Society of St Mary and St John of Lichfield College, Lancing, Sussex.
Third Party: Henry P.A.D. [Pelham-Clinton, 7th] Duke of Newcastle [under Lyne].
Conveyance from (1) and (2) to (3) of all mines and minerals lying beneath land granted by (3) to (1) and (2) by indenture dated 14 Feb. 1889 as a site for St Cuthberts College [see Ne 6 D 2/48/120]; includes the right to work the minerals except those underneath the walls of the college.
States that the mines and minerals were intended to be reserved to (3) in the original indenture dated 14 Feb. 1889, but were mistakenly omitted [see recitals below].
Recitals: (a) fact that the property in question was limited to the use of (3), before indenture dated 14 Feb. 1889; (b) fact that certain parts of the Newcastle estates including the property in question was subject to a mortgage dated 11 Jun. 1839; (c) fact that (3) granted certain property to the use of (1) and (2) by indenture dated 14 Feb. 1889, which included the power to sell the property; (d) fact that (3) had intended to reserve all mines and minerals in the aforementioned indenture, but this was mistakenly omitted; (e) fact that Henry Meynell is currently provost of the Society of St Mary and St Nicholas College; (f) fact that (1) are Trustees of the indenture dated 14 Feb. 1889; (g) fact that (1) has agreed to re-convey the mines and minerals underlying the property back to (3); (h) fact that the property listed in the first schedule are now limited to the use of (3); (i) fact that all mortgages on the property in question have been paid off.
Includes a plan with the property in question coloured pink situated on the southern side of the Old Coach Road in the parish of Worksop.