|Content Description||First Party: William John [Cavendish-Bentinck-]Scott [5th] Duke of Portland; Sydney William Herbert Pierrepont, [3rd] Earl Manvers; John Vessey Machin esquire of Gateford Hill, Nottinghamshire; Francis John Savile Foljambe esquire of Osberton, Nottinghamshire; Rev. John Stacye of Sheffield, Yorkshire; and Alfred Brodhurst, gentleman of Worksop [Trustees of the Abbey School Rooms].|
Second Party: Anne Adele Hope, widow, of Deepdene, Surrey.
Third Party: William Ewart Gladstone M.P. of Hawarden Castle, Flintshire; and George Warren [2nd Baron] de Tabley [Trustees of the Will of the 5th Duke of Newcastle under Lyne].
Conveyance from (1) to (2) and (3) of a building called the Old Abbey or Abbey Gatehouse situated at Radford in the parish of Worksop, which is currently used as a boys school; to be held by (3) as Trustees of the Will of the 5th Duke of Newcastle under Lyne; (1) acknowledges (2) and (3)'s right to the production of title deeds.
Recitals: (a) fact that the premises in question were conveyed to (1) by indenture dated 8 Aug. 1840 for the purpose of a school; (b) fact that it was agreed by memorandum dated 25 Feb. 1841 that no conveyance of the premises should occur without prior permission of the Secretary of State for the Home Department; (c) fact that some of the trustees died; (d) fact that new trustees were appointed by indenture dated 2 Jul. 1855; (e) fact that another trustee died in Oct. 1869; (f) fact that another trustee died 25 Jun. 1864; (g) fact that another trustee died 23 Jan. 1872; (h) fact that another trustee died 15 Sep. 1865; (i) fact that the 5th Duke of Newcastle made a will dated 21 Jul. 1856; (j) fact that the 5th Duke of Newcastle made a codicil to his will dated 17 Jan. 1859; (k) fact that the 5th Duke of Newcastle made a codicil to his will dated 1 Apr. 1864; (l) fact that the 5th Duke of Newcastle died 18 Oct. 1864; (m) fact that (1) have agreed to sell the premises to (2); (n) fact that the Secretary of State has given his consent to the sale.
Includes plan with the premises shaded pink; shows the way to the Abbey Church and shows Potter Street to the south.