|Content Description||Copy letters patent granted to Henry [Holbeach], Bishop of Lincoln of extensive property, including the following in Nottinghamshire: the manors of Farndon, Balderton, Coddington, Winthorpe, Moorland and Newark; the borough, hundred and castle of Newark; also on pages 12-13 details about the rectory of Worksop [part of Worksop Manor] as follows:|
Lease for 21 years (dated 20 Jan. 21 Henry VIII ) to William Castlelyn, of the rectory of Worksop, Nottinghamshire, lately part of the dissolved Worksop monastery; also of a new barn in Marr Croft, and 3 parts of the same croft, a house called 'le Almouse House' [Almshouse?] with an orchard and garden; also all tithes of grain, hay, wool and lambs, together with the oblations and other profits in Worksop and the hamlets of Slosewike [Sloswick Farm], Ratcliff, Retford, Kylton [Kilton], Reton, Scofton and Clummer [Clumber Park] in the park of Worksop and 'Estbarton';all tithes of the demesne land of the late monastery; exceptions include the tithes of the hamlets of Shyreockes [Shireoaks] and Getford [Gateford], 2 granges and the advoswon of Worksop vicarage; property commands a yearly rent of £35 payable in 2 equal portions.
Property in the following counties also being granted: Oxfordshire, Rutland, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Huntingdonshire, Bedfordshire, Lincolnshire, Herefordshire, Sussex, Carmarthenshire[?].
Further details of the past indentures relating to the property conveyed above, further exceptions and exonerations can be found in the Calendar of Patent Rolls Edward VI, 1547-1548 Part 5 (Roll 803).
Dated at Westminster 2 Sep. 1 Edward VI .