|Content Description||First Party: Frederick William [Hervey, 1st] Marquess of Bristol.|
Second Party: Henry Charles Howard, commonly called Earl of Surrey [later 13th Duke of Norfolk]; and Bernard Edward Howard [12th] Duke of Norfolk..
Third Party: Edward [V. Harcourt] Archbishop of York.
Fourth Party: William Henry Francis [11th Baron] Petre; and George Granville [Sutherland-]Leveson[-Gower, 2nd] Duke of Sutherland.
In pursuance of the said agreement, surrender from (1), at the request and direction of Henry Charles Howard, to (3) of all the property comprised in the indenture limited to (1) and Sir John Throckmorton for the term of 200 years [see Ne 6 D 2/47/202 for full details], and now discharged of the term of 99 years; the residue of the unexpired term of 200 years is to be merged and extinguished into the term of 99 years.
Further witnesses surrender from (1) at the request and direction of Henry Charles Howard, to (4) of all that property limited to (1) and Sir John Throckmorton by an indenture [see Ne 6 D 2/47/202] for the term of 200 years, or subject to the same term with all rights and appurtenances; the residue of the unexpired term of 200 years is to be merged and extinguished into the term of 300 years.
Recitals: (a) Henry Charles Howard, for whose benefit the term of 200 years was limited, desires that as part of an agreed arrangement now in progress, that the same term should be extinguished; (b) fact that Sir John Throckmorton died in 1819; (c) fact that John [Campbell, 1st Baron] Cawdor, to whom a term of 99 yers was limited along with (3) died in 1821; (d) details of an act of parliament dated 1-2 Victoria [1837-1839] for giving effect to certain powers of appointment over settled estates of the Duke of Norfolk in Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Norfolk; (e) agreed that the extinguishing of the term of 200 years shall be effected by the surrender of (1) to (3) of such property comprised in the term of 200 years, but that property in the act of parliament to (4) as trustees for the term of 300 years limited.
Endorsed as being a true copy of the original examined on 8 Jun. 1839.