|Content Description||First Party: Vincent Henry Eyre, esquire of Belgrave Square, Middlesex.|
Second Party: Bernard Edward [Howard, 12th] Duke of Norfolk; and Henry Charles Howard, commonly called Earl of Surrey [later 13th Duke of Norfolk].
Third Party: Henry Granville [Howard] commonly called Lord Fitzalan, eldest son of (2) [later 14th Duke of Norfolk].
Fourth Party: Charles Few, gentleman of Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, Middlesex.
Lease [wanting] and release from (1) at the request of (2) to (4) of all the messuages, farms, lands and other hereditaments as described in the act of parliament recited at (d) below, and which were vested in (1) and Thomas Wybergh in trust to sell, and which have not been sold, together with all lands and property acquired by allotment or exchange; property to be held by (4) freed and discharged from all estates in tail of the Earl of Surrey; property to be held to several specified uses.
Recitals: (a) details of an indenture of lease and release dated 10-11 Jun. 1767; (b) details of an indenture of lease and release dated 10-11 Jun. 1767 also; (c) fact that Edward [Howard, 9th] Duke of Norfolk died without male issue, and that Charles Howard the elder [later 10th Duke of Norfolk] died before the passing of the acts of parliament; (d) details of an act of parliament dated 45 George III for vesting property in Sheffield and for the enfranchisement of certain copyhold and customary lands in Norfolk, Suffolk and Sussex [see Ne 6 D 2/47/10 for details]; (e) details of an indenture of lease and release dated 25-26 Nov. 1814 [see Ne 6 D 2/47/203]; (f) fact that Charles [Howard, 11th] Duke of Norfolk died in 1815 without issue; (g) fact that Wybergh died in 1827; (h) (2) desire that the estates described in the above mentioned act of parliament which have not been sold, should be discharged from the estate in tail male of the Earl of Surrey, and that they have asked (1) to convey the same.
Endorsed as being a true copy of the original examined on 8 Jun. 1839; endorsed on the wrapper that the deed was enrolled in the Court of Chancery on 15 Aug. 1838.
Prepared by Few, Hamilton and Few [solicitors].