|Content Description||First Party: Henry [P.F.] Pelham-Clinton, [5th] Duke of Newcastle [under Lyne].|
Second Party: the Minister and Churchwardens of Wellow.
Grant from (1) to (2) of a piece of land and premises on the road between Ollerton and Newark, measuring 57 feet by 32 feet and containing 203 square yards [gives details of boundaries and also shown on an appended plan]; the property is to be used only for a school for 'the education of children and adults or children only of the labouring, manufacturing and other poorer class in the parish of Wellow' and as a residence for the teachers of the school; the school shall always be connected with the Incorporated National Society for promoting the education of the Poor in the priciples of the established church [now know as The National Society].
Includes an appended plan of the parcel of land containing the school; names of landowners/occupiers of adjoining land are given; drawn to a scale of 16 feet to 1 inch.
Accompanied by an earlier plan of the parcel of land dated 1851 at which time it was the proposed site of a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel; also contains details concerning tithes; later pencil annotations state that the land was 'given for a school' [see above]; the plan is drawn to a scale of 2 chains to 1 inch.