|Content Description||First Party: Henry P.A.D. [Pelham-Clinton] 7th Duke of Newcastle [under Lyne].|
Second Party: The County Council of the Administrative County of Nottingham.
Conveyance from (1) to (2) of 20.411 acres of land in the parish of Tuxford; conveyance is subject the terms of a mining lease with the Wigan Coal and iron Company Ltd, dated 30 Oct. 1896, including all rights over surface rents to (2).
Reserved to (1): All mines and minerals including the right to work the minerals without the need to leave adequate support for the surface land; the free passage of water and soil, and the right of (1) to erect buildings on adjoining land.
(2) covenants to maintain the boundary fences, and not to use the property for anything which is likely to cause a nuisance; (1) acknowleges (2)'s right to the production of documents listed in an appended schedule.
Includes a plan with the property in question situated on the Great North Road; the property is coloured pink; plan also identifies the 'rebel stone'; taken fron the 1900 edition 25 inch ordnance survey map; dated 3 Mar. 1920.