|Content Description||First Party: Henry P.A.D. [Pelham-Clinton] 7th Duke of Newcastle [under Lyne].|
Second Party: Edwin Robert Hutchinson of Tuxford, Nottinghamshire.
Conveyance from (1) to (2) of a parcel of land measuring 1315 square yards [gives details of other boundaries, and shows parcel on an attached plan]; conveyance is subject to the terms and conditions of an existing mining lease [see recitals below].
Reserved to (1): firstly all mines, seams of coal, water, cannel, and all other minerals or strata, as well as the right to work the minerals or strata under adjoining land without the obligation to leave any vertical support for the surface land or pay compensation for damage or injury caused by the working; secondly all rents and royalties payable by the lessees to (1) under the mining lease [see recitals below]; thirdly free passage of water and soil from adjoining lands belonging to (1); fourthly the right to erect buildings on neighbouring land; and fifthly the right for (1) to enter upon the premises and to lay and maintain a drain across the land.
(2) covenants: to erect a cottage and outbuildings upon the property before 25 Dec. 1914; to build the cottage at least 12 feet back; to erect and maintain certain boundary fences; that no building erected on the land shall be used for any offensive, noisy, noxious, or dangerous trade; that no building shall be used for a public house; not to do anything to hinder the light or air to any building on adjoining land owned by (1); (1) acknowledges (2)'s right to the production of deeds listed in an appended schedule.
Recitals: (a) fact that (1) is seised of the property in question which is subject to a mining lease with the Wigan Coal and Iron Company dated 30 Oct. 1896, and has agreed to sell the property to (2).
Includes a plan with the property in question situated on Station Road in Tuxford; the parcel of land is edged pink and a building line is marked on; names of adjoining landowners are given including an adjoining site agreed to be sold to A.H. Sharne [actually A.H. Sharpe, see Ne 6 D 2/42/308]; drawn to a scale of 60 feet to 1 inch; there is a compass.