|Content Description||First Party: The executors of the will of the late 7th Duke of Newcastle under Lyne.|
Second Party: The London and Fort George Land Company Limited.
Third Party: Mark Sharpe Haunch of Ranby, Nottinghamshire.
Conveyance from (1) and (2) to (3) of property in Ranby in the parish of Babworth, Nottinghamshire as set out in schedule 1; reserves to (1) and (2) the reservations set out in schedule 2; agreement that (3) will be satisifed with covenants for compensation to surface contained in a mining lease; acknowledgement by (1) and (2) of (3)'s right to the production of title deeds listed in schedule 3.
Recitals: (a) agreement dated 5 Apr. 1927 by which the late 7th Duke of Newcastle under Lyne agreed to sell (2) various freehold estates; (b) fact that the sum of £6,500 was paid to the 7th Duke on the signing of the agreement and (2) was let into receipt of the rents and profits of the estate; (c) details of the will of the 7th Duke; (d) death of the 7th Duke and the proving of his will; (e) death of one of the executors of the will; (f) conveyance dated 22 Feb. 1944 by which surface rights were conveyed to (1) by virutue of the Coal Act 1938; (g) fact that (3) has agreed to purchase the property in question; (h) fact that (1) have agreed to concur in the sale.
Schedule 1: full details of the property to be conveyed, namely a piece of land on Blyth Road with the cottage built upon it, and a further piece of land on Blyth Road, Ranby, together with water rights; notes that the second parcel of land is let to William Taylor by a verbal agreement.
Schedule 2: list of reservations, including all compensation due under the Coal Act 1938, and full and free passage of water and soil.
Schedule 3: list of deeds to which (3) has rights of production.
Includes two plans; the first is drawn to a scale of 8 feet to 1 inch and shows the cottage and land bounded in pink, Blyth Road and a compass showing north; the second is drawn to a 25 inch Ordnance Scale and shows the parcel of land coloured yellow with the Chesterfield Canal, Blyth Road and a compass showing north.