|Content Description||First Party: Henry Pelham Archibald Douglas [Pelham-Clinton, 7th] Duke of Newcastle under Lyne.|
Second Party: The Mayor, Aldermen and Citizens of the City of Nottingham.
Demise from (1) to (2) for 1,000 years [commencing 1901] of full power and authority to use all subterranean springs of water within a two mile radius of the Boughton Pumping Station; includes covenants relating to damage to the duke's lands, the supply of property to any part of the Clumber estate requested, the areas where (2) might supply water, sale of water rights, the use of water for the working of mines and minerals and so on; also includes provisos, such as arrangements for the determination of the term and agreement that any dispute between the parites will go to arbitration.
Rent: £100 per annum.
Ne 6 D 2/10/1/2 is the agreement for the grant dated 6 Apr. 1897; notes that the agreement is made in pursuance of a parliamentary bill entitled 'a Bill to empower the Corporation to construct additional water works to extend their limits of supply and for other purposes for obtaining inter alia an additional supply of water from wells in the Parish of Boughton for their undertaking'.
Ne 6 D 2/10/3 is a further copy of the demise; this copy has a plan attached to it; the plan is drawn to a scale of 6 inches to 1 mile and shows property in Haughton, Bevercotes, Bothamsall, Walesby and Wello, Nottinghamshire, all of which are within a two-mile radius of the pumping station; the property within the radius which belonged to the Duke of Newcastle under Lyne in 1902 is coloured pink; plan dated N.E.O. Boyton 1960.