|Content Description||States that his parish contains about 13,000 people and is likely to increase. The congregation worked hard to build a chapel last year for the use of outlying parts of the parish. Fears that the severe depression of trade in Nottingham means that the congregation are unable to assist with enlarging the parish church. States that 'The Romanists' have purchased a site for the church and school in the parish. Thanks Galway for his help with building the chapel, and calls upon him for further help. Encloses a letter from a Bishop [not present].|
Ga 2 E 435/2: Encloses a printed list of donations towards the fund for enlarging St Ann's Church, Nottingham. Provides names of subscribers and amount of donation.
Ga 2 E 435/3: Envelope addressed to Viscount Galway M.P., Serlby Hall, Bawtry. Postmarked Nottingham 15 Apr. 1878.