|Content Description||Official mandates were issued by the Archbishop of York (to 1839), the Bishop of Lincoln (1839-1884) and the Bishop of Southwell (1884-1942), instructing the Archdeacon of Nottingham to arrange for the induction of clergy into their benefices. The mandates give the name and University degree of the clergyman, the name of the benefice, the reason that the benefice is void, the name of the patron, and the date of the mandate. Each document is sealed with the seal of the Archbishop or Bishop.|
Induction Mandates from 1914 onwards are for the modern Archdeaconry of Nottingham, comprising only the southern part of the county of Nottingham.
Induction Mandates are in Latin until 1733, and English thereafter.
For abstracts of names of clergy from Induction Mandates, 1557-1942, see http://tinyurl.com/zklyfgq.