|Content Description||The first season of opening Thoresby Hall to the public was Saturday 6 April to Sunday 6 October 1957. This file contains correspondence between the Thoresby estate agent, H.C.M. Tapper, the Thoresby trustees, family members and tenants of the flats within Thoresby Hall, concerning arrangements for public openings, planning consents for displaying advertisements, lists of total numbers of visitors and income per year, and reports on the financial implications of Thoresby House opening, March 1956 to May 1962. The file also contains a draft advertisement and information for applicants for the post of Organiser for the Stately Home opening, for appointment in Febuary 1967.|
The file also contains a printed brochure, 'The Countess Manvers invites YOU to Thoresby Hall in the Heart of Sherwood Forest', together with a printed Menu and Wine List for The Maid Marian and Robin Hood Rooms, the Friar Tuck Snack Bar and the Tea Garden, and circular letters from the Thoresby Hall Organisation to general visitors and to coach tour proprietors (1962).