|Admin History||Arthur William Brewill started an architectural practice in Exchange Chambers, Greyhound Street, Nottingham sometime between 1880 and 1885. The practice was still active in 1936 as A.W. Brewill and Son of 3 Victoria Street, Nottingham. By 1950, the firm was known as Brewill Son and Nunn. The last confirmed date of the firm's activity is 1956. Brewill accepted a variety of commissions and worked on private houses, churches and industrial premises. Nothing is known of Baily, a partner with Brewill in 1898 when the firm prepared the plans in this collection.|
The English Presbyterian church on Mansfield Road, Nottingham was located at the intersection with Villa Road. It was founded in 1896 as a daughter church of St Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Nottingham. The new buildings were complete by 1900. The church merged with St Andrew's in 1946 and the buildings were sold. By 1950 the buildings were being used by Emanuel Full Gospel Church. Since 1956 the buildings have been used by the Church of Christ Scientist.
|Custodial History||The collection came into the hands of the United Reform Church History Society and was acquired by the University of Nottingham's Department of Manuscripts and Special Collections in June 2001.|