|Title||Records of St Andrew's-with-Castle Gate United Reformed Church, Nottingham, 1946-2004|
|Abstract||Principal document types present include; minutes, photographs, annual reports, newsletters.|
|Access Conditions||The bulk of the collection is accessible to all readers. However, access may be restricted to some files which contain personal information.|
|Admin History||St Andrew's-with-Castle Gate United Reformed Church was established in April 1975 by the union of St Andrew's URC (formerly Presbyterian, see AU) and Castle Gate URC (formerly Congregational, see CU). The united congregation was based in the existing St Andrew's church buildings on Goldsmith Street, Nottingham.|
|Custodial History||The records came to the University Library from the Trustees; a number of accruals have been added between 1986 and 2017.|
|Description||Most of the material in the collection is printed. It includes annual reports (1976-2015), a near complete run of church newsletters (1975-2004) and some service sheets, including induction services of various ministers. There are photographs, a 35mm film of the first General Assembly and Thanksgiving service, a video of the 20th anniversary celebrations in 1995, and recordings of various services on cassette tapes. |
Administrative documents consist of lists of members (1978-2003), minutes of church meetings (1979, 1991-2012), and meeting attendance books (1975-1992).
The collection also contains records of clubs and societies at St Andrew's-with-Castle Gate. The records of the Stanwell Players drama group are very rich, including programmes and photographs, and date from the group's formation at St Ann's Well Road Congregational Church in 1946 to its closure in 1991. There are also records of the Guide Scout Aid Committee (1966-1993) and the St Andrew's Senior Citizens Club (1979-2001).
|Arrangement||Material is listed chronologically within series subdivided by form (e.g. minutes, printed material, photographs)|
|Term||United Reformed Church - England - Nottingham|
|FindingAids||Copyright in all Finding Aids belongs to the University of Nottingham.
In the Reading Room, King's Meadow Campus:
Typescript Catalogue, 43 pp.
At the National Register of Archives, The National Archives, Kew:
Typescript Catalogue, 5 pp (pp 41-45 of catalogue including descriptions of other related churches). Please note that this is an out-of-date version of the typescript catalogue in the King's Meadow Campus Reading Room and the current online catalogue.
Online: Available on the Manuscripts Online Catalogue, accessible from the website of Manuscripts and Special Collections. |
|Copyright||Identification of copyright holders of unpublished material is often difficult. Permission to make any published use of any material from the collection must be sought in advance in writing from the Keeper of Manuscripts and Special Collections (email email@example.com).|
|ReprodnNote||Photocopies and photographic copies can be supplied for educational use and private study purposes only, depending on the condition of the documents.|
|Related Material||Records of St Andrew's Presbyterian Church (AU) and Castle Gate Congregational Church (CU)|